03 May 2007

My current financial situation

A bit about my situation:

Debt: I have a mortgage and an auto loan, and that's all at present. The auto loan should be paid off by the end of the year. The only other "debt" I have is a medical expenditure account with my employer. I set the account up to pay for laser vision correction in January. I have been reimbursed for the surgery and the amount is being deducted from my paychecks through the end of the year. Interest-free loan! I do have credit cards and use them regularly, but I never carry a balance.

Net Worth: I may post specifics in the future, but for now I'll just tell you the progress I've made recently. I started tracking my net worth in mid-February . . . it's positive but I'm nowhere near using the "million" word, even fractionally. I set an aggressive goal for the year . . . 35% growth in net worth. With some frugal spending, aggressive investing, and a fortunate increase in the value of my home, my net worth grew more than 13% over the next two months. I will update again in mid-May, and I expect to be near 50% of my growth goal for the year. The last 50% will be tougher, as I don't expect to see the same kind of bump in home equity to help me along.

Career: I do government research, so the pay is not spectacular, but the benefits are good. I get a lot of vacation and I don't have a stressful work day too often. I try to make the most out of the money I do earn, and now that I am putting it in print I expect to hold myself to a higher standard.

Goals: Like I said, I have set the bar high for the first year. My long term goal is to "retire" at 45. Again, I think this is setting the bar pretty high, and I will have to be smart and careful to get over it, but I think it is doable. I say "retire" because if I manage to find something I love doing (read: something that doesn't have me in an office for 40 hours per week), I may not want to retire at 45. Ideally I can do both; have the money to retire at 45 but continue to do things I enjoy, especially if they pay!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

tmj help -
tonsil stones remedies -
turbulence training -
two minute profits -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
web traffic machines -
wedding speech 4u -
wind plans -
xp repair pro -
your fun business -
zygor guides -
500 love making tips -
acid alkaline diet -
acne no more -
advanced defrag -
anti spyware bot -
art of approaching -
banish tinnitus -
beat eczema -
blood pressure normalized -
burnthefat -
burn the fat -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
cpa arbitrage -
creative date ideas -
debt free in three -
digital background -
dirty talking guide -

Anonymous said...

duplicate file cleaner -
dw insider -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy tv soft -
easy web video -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
end your tinnitus -
error doctor -
evidence smart -
fap winner -
fat burning furnace -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final sync -
final uninstaller -
firewall gold -
fitness model program -
fit over 40 -
fit yummy yummy -
flatten your abs -
forex auto pilot -
gain opinion -
gold secrets -
government records -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
green diy energy -
healthy urban kitchen -
highest pay surveys -
holo think -

Anonymous said...

quit smoking today -
reg defense -
registry winner -
reg tool -
reverse mobile -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket german -
rotator cuff training -
rss feeds submit -
satellite pc box -
save the marriage -
spy no more -
spyware stop -
super seduction power -
surefire trading challenge -
tattoo me now -
the bad breath report -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the dog food conspiracy -
the mini site formula -
tmj help -
tonsil stones remedies -
truth about abs -
twitter trick -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
wedding speech 4u -
win clear -
xbox 360 red light fix -

Anonymous said...

rss feeds submit -
save the marriage -
site builder elite -
six figure yearly 2009 -
sleep tracks -
sold in 21 days -
spyware stop -
stop being tired -
stop your hair loss -
the bad breath report -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
tonsil stones remedies -
top secret magic code -
truth about abs -
turbulence training -
turn your photos into cash -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
warp speed fat loss -
wedding speech 4u -
win clear -
xbox 360 red light fix -
xp repair pro -
1st promotion -
3 redlight fix -
500 love making tips -
acid alkaline diet -
advanced defrag -
anti spyware -
anti spyware bot -

Anonymous said...

fitness model program -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
forex enterprise -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
home job stop -
homemadeenergy -
home made energy -
how do i get him back -
hyper vre -
keyword spy pro -
kingdom of pets -
mafia war secrets -
malware bot -
master cleanse secrets -
maternityacupressure -
maternity acupressure -
maximum paid surveys -
meet your sweet -
mobile tv pro -
musclegainingsecrets -
muscle gaining secrets -
my dish biz -
one minute cure -
paid surveys online -
panic away -
pc tv 4 me -
pdf creator -
perfect optimizer -
pick the gender of your baby -

Anonymous said...

instant domain cash -
i software tv -
jamo rama acoustic -
linden method -
lose the back pain -
magni work -
maternityacupressure -
maternity acupressure -
musclegainingsecrets -
muscle gaining secrets -
negative calorie diet -
one minute cure -
one week marketing -
only 4 gamers -
paid surveys online -
panic away -
pc on point -
pc tv 4 me -
perfect optimizer -
phone number scan -
pick the gender of your baby -
power 4 home -
profit lance -
public records pro -
quantum mind power -
quit smoking today -
recipe secrets -
reg clean -
regi cleanse -
registry easy -
registry winner -

Anonymous said...

reverse mobile -
reverse phone detective -
revolutioniz -
richard markenzie direct -
sale hoo -
simple php -
smtp 2 go -
spyware nuker -
surveys 4 checks -
tax liens made easy -
the bad breath report -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the handcrafters companion -
the retired millionaire -
the super mind evolution system -
truth about abs -
truth about diets -
turbulence training -
ultimate content creator -
video piggy -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
viral tweets -
warp speed fat loss -
webstigate -
win clear -
win spy -
worlds best compost -
xp repair pro -
Cb Pirate -

Anonymous said...

One of the best content We have actually ever read on this issue. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Excellent effort. Remain publishing posts!

Anonymous said...

This really is plenty of really good stuff. I found several things which I have been previously searching for.